Wretched Cry

Standing on the crowded stand
Waiting impatiently for my bus to come
As I was getting late as everyone else
In city hectic life
I heard sudden whining, I looked around but
None could my eyes penetrate
I again heard whining, And felt something touched my leg
I looked down with inquisitive eyes’s

Surprised to find, A frail child clogged
In rags superciliously looking at me in expectation
What expectation? Was it money only
He was looking forward from me or something else
I realized the beauty of the child
Marred by black wind of poverty

I inquisitively asked his name
He said, I am “Shankar”
“SHANKAR” put in my psyche the picture of almighty “Shankar”
I thought of taking him to my place and brought him up
But couldn’t muster courage

Suddenly my Bus came, I boarded immediately
After flushing one rupee coin in his hand
Was it human on My part ?

Raj Gupta

No comments:

Post a Comment